14-15 july 2018
ICC Sydney Exhibition Centre
Darling Harbour, Australia
Exhibitor information packsmash.org.au
Australia's Largest Japanese Pop Culture Convention
Since its humble beginnings in 2007 SMASH! has now grown to become Australia's premier anime convention.
SMASH! is a 2-day convention run by SMASH Inc., a not-for-profit organisation created by the fans for the fans, dedicated to promoting the Japanese culture for both our attendees and our exhibitors.
SMASH Inc. aim to create an open and affordable avenue that serves as a meeting point for fans with an emphasis on art, creativity and community involvement.
SMASH! attendance graph
With a constant increase of attendance numbers every year, SMASH! is your opportunity to connect with thousands of attendees. SMASH! 2017 hit over 19,000 attendees and with the move back into Sydney's CBD, the central location of the ICC Sydney, Darling Harbour is expected to let SMASH! hit the 20,000 mark.
22,000+likes & follows
3,700+follows & growing
500,000+page views a year
230,000+unique views before con
2017 Gender distribution (Percentages)
2017 Age distribution (Percentages)
Australia's leading anime distribution and rights company has been supporting SMASH! since 2007. Madman has sponsored and collaborated with SMASH! on numerous events and guests.
- Brand Activation for DragonBall Super
- Collaboration of Love Live! Project Cafe and Love Live! costume exhibition in 2015
- Cosplay Competition Sponsor since the beginning of SMASH!
Leading distributor of hobby products in Australia and long time SMASH! partner.
- Partnered with SMASH! to hold large scale Gunpla events
- Sponsored international Gunpla guest
- Hosted World Gunpla competition since 2010
Flag carrier and largest airline company in Japan. Partner of SMASH! since 2011.
- Major sponsor of World Cosplay Summit
The Japan Foundation, Sydney
Japanese government agency that promotes cultural and intellectual exchange between Japan and Australia. Supporter of SMASH! since 2010.
- Naming rights and exclusive access sponsor for major VIP Guests
- Interactive Exhibition and Workshop space at SMASH!
- Brand Activation for Japan Film Festival in 2016
Leading Australian online distributor of tech goods.
- Provided SMASH! with a large range of hardware to support the growing gaming interest
- Organised gaming tournaments
Anime at Abbotsford
Sydney’s foremost anime and pop culture retailer. Has been with SMASH! since 2008 as ongoing sponsor and exhibitor.
- Partnered with SMASH! for the I ♡ Anisong project in 2015
- Major sponsor of the Cosplay Catwalk and pre-con giveaway promotions
Located in Darling Harbour, the all new International Convention Centre Sydney has opened again in December 2016 after 3 years of renovation. Featuring a striking contemporary design, leading technology and multipurpose spaces, ICC Sydney is the perfect space for the growing needs of SMASH! as a convention.
This year we will be utilising the Upper Halls 5, 6 and 7 of the ICC Sydney Exhibition Centre, featuring a huge multipurpose space of 13,500 sqm. The new versatile style venue will provide plenty of opportunity for you to showcase your ideas, there is plenty of space for you to display your products and interact with the audience in a spacious and dynamic environment.
Located in Darling Harbour, the ICC Sydney can be easily reached by various methods:
- 10 minute walk from Town Hall Station
- 1 minute walk from Convention Centre Light Rail Stop
- 1 minute walk from Darling Harbour Convention Ferry Wharf (serviced by Captain Cook Cruises)
- Paid parking available onsite
As a premium convention that continues to grow, SMASH! is a great opportunity to increase your brand awareness and reach new target audiences. We offer a variety of promotional opportunities ranging across event and exhibition sponsorships include (but not limited to):
- Social media promotion
Printed and online publications
(e.g. poster, postcard, e-newsletter)
(e.g. logo & link on sponsor bar, logo & link embedded with event)
Advertisement at the Convention
- Naming rights for guests, events and venue
(e.g. sponsor logos and advertisement in programme booklet)
- Digital promotion & video advertisement
- Signage and brand activation
- Curated panels
We also offer sponsorship packages that include a variety of sponsorship options together to make the most of your SMASH! experience. Below is a sample sponsorship package, these packages are flexible and can be altered to fit your needs accordingly.
SAMPLE SPONSORSHIP PACKAGE
- Website Promotion
- Social Media Promotion & Recognition
- Logo on SMASH! Website
- Logo on SMASH! Powerpoint Slide (Convention)
- Logo on SMASH! Programme Booklet
- Logo on SMASH! Postcards
- Logo on SMASH! Posters
- Promo Item in Showbag: A4 Large
- Half page Advertisement in Programme Booklet
- Announcement Advertisement: Main Exhibitor Hall & Mini Stage
- Video Advertisement on Main Stage & All General Areas
- Event Naming Rights: Major Event
- Area / Room Naming Rights: Mini/Major Stage or Panels Room
Not Quite What You Are Looking For?
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will work to tailor a package that meets your requirements.
- Advertisement and logo placement on SMASH! Website
- Social Media Promotion (Twitter, Facebook, Instagram)
- Links Embedded with SMASH! Events
- Logo Placement inside Programme Booklet
- Advertisement inside Programme Booklet
- Logo Placement on SMASH! Posters
- Logo Placement on SMASH! Postcards
- Logo Placement on SMASH! Volunteer T-shirts
- Logo Placement on Attendee Lanyards
On the day promotion
- Industry Panel (1 hour)
- Venue Wide Announcement
- Venue Wide Video Advertisement
- Event & Area Naming Rights
- Guest Sponsorship & Guest Event Naming Rights
- Promotional SMASH! Showbag Insert
- Miscellaneous SMASH! Showbag Insert
- Logo Placement on Showbags
|Size||3.0m x 3.0m, carpet floor|
|Wall||2.4m high velcro compatible corinthian walls|
2 x 1.8m Trestle table
4 x Kelly chairs
2 x black Table cloths
|Signage||Digitally printed company name fascia sign|
|Lighting||2 x Track spotlights|
|Power||One general purpose outlet per booth, regardless of size|
- 3m x 3m booth package. Inclusive of velcro compatible walls, digitally printed company name fascia sign, standard signage and lights as specified
- Short company blurb and link to your website included on our website
- Programme booklet listing
- 4 staff passes
- Larger spaces, and additional services available on request
Booth sizes are fixed, although we are happy to discuss package options and prices with you to tailor a package that suits your needs.
Customised booth options are also available; please contact our exhibitors team at email@example.com for tailored packages that suit your needs.